At several places, at companies and in buildings, pest birds can cause nuisance when no measures are taken. As a possible result, the birds can cause issues such as blocking gullies and roof drainage, their fouling becomes a slip risk, not to mention the disease risks posed by birds and the negative PR that can result. As a Lead Bird Control Technician, you make sure this doesn’t happen and install solutions to provide long term protection for our customers!
Most bird proofing solutions can be seen as a stand-alone solution – there is no “one size fits all” in bird control. Working alongside the sales team, you will be an integral part of designing a solution that pleases our customers, and you will be the “go-to” person on site for the technical details of how the project comes together.
These are your activities as Lead Bird Control Technician:
- Once a project is agreed to by our customers, you will work with the account manager and operations supervisor to make a detailed plan of the installation
- Inventory of the problem, a (bird) problem is never the same;
- Implementing the bird control plan and informing the client about preventive measures.
- Making sure that you and the client understand the same language.
About EWS Group
EWS stands for Eco Worldwide Solutions. We are specialised in pest control management, gas measurement, heat treatment and the fumigation and ventilation of containers, silos, ships and buildings. EWS is growing fast and, besides The Netherlands and Belgium, we have also locations in France, Germany, Austria, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom.
This is what you bring along as Lead Bird Control Technician:
- Experience of leading bird control installations
- Strong knowledge and experience of netting systems, bird spikes, post and wire.
- Experience of Avishock, Bird Deterrent Lasers, Falconry will be of a major benefit – but training will be given if required.
- IPAF/PASMA certification
- Level Two Certificate in Pest Management desired but not essential
- A Can do Attitude
- Not afraid of animals, a dirty work environment or heights;
- Ability to travel with some overnight stays occasionally (EWS will ensure you are well fed!)
- Eager to learn: we are going to train you!
What we offer you as Pest Control Technician:
- Competitive remuneration and an annual bonus
- You will get a company van, tools, phone and tablet;
- 20 days annual holiday, plus bank holidays
- Overtime possibilities and Lead Commission
- Training opportunities to further your skills;
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and covering letter to: